Saturday, September 30, 2006

New Books and (Hopefully) Upcoming Music



I picked up the new Marjane Satrapi book Chicken with Plums yesterday at The Strand, and having only read about thirty or so pages so far, it's definitely a new favorite. While this isn't a book about Marjane herself, Chicken with Plums follows the last eight days or so of her great uncle's life. More on this when I'm finished.

Also, I will be interviewing Marjane via phone later in October, so expect to see something on that in the future.

And now for the music...




This is a new Rasputina song entitled "Yellow Cake," which is part of their 9/11-related medley. Sarah Bowman of The Bowmans is an interim member of the band on this clip, so while you're at it you may want to google her band as well.

1 comment:

Moxie Hart said...

I can't tell you how much I love that song. I think it's my favorite of the medley.